1. Did you pick your genre or did it pick you?: I feel like fantasy picked me honestly. Ever since I was little I loved going into worlds that were made up. I read Narnia at a young age and spent many summer days trying to get there and imagining I was helping Aslan. I always knew fantasy was where I belonged it was the place I could be me.
2. Do you write in multiple genres or just one?: I write several, YA Fantasy, Paranormal, Dark Fantasy, and Romance
3. How much time do you devote to writing per day?: I try to do at least 5-8 hours a day sometimes its more and sadly sometimes its way less.
4. What have you published so far?: So far just my first novel Shadows of Pandora book 1 in the Evermore trilogy.
5. Has your method of writing changed over the course of publishing your books?: It has when I wrote Shadows I wrote it all start to finish. It was a really hard process I thought that was how you were supposed to write. Now I am writing as ideas and Chapters come to me and piecing them together as I go. I have already gotten a second novel about finished and book 2 in the series well on its way writing that way.
6. Where do you see yourself a year from now?: A year from now I would love to see my name on the NY TImes bestsellers list and doing several book tours and signings.
7. Did you self-publish, go the traditional way, or do both?: I published through a small company Pure Ice Publishing but it is an indie publishing house so it is both.
8. Which method did you prefer?: So far this is working for me it takes a lot of work to get my book out there though but I don’t mind I want people to experience the world of Evermore.
9. Of the books that you have written, do you have a favorite? Why?: Shadows if my first novel I finished. But I would have to say my favorite is book 2 Premonition. It takes such a huge turn for my characters lives that I can’t help but love it.
10. Why did you become a writer?: It is all I have ever wanted to do. When I was 3 years old I picked up my first book. I kinda skipped straight to chapter books. But I knew then that I wanted to be a writer. I wanted a chance to change peoples lives with my words the way other Authors had for me.
11. Who is your target audience? Young Adults is my genre but I hope like a lot of Young Adult novels it appeal to everyone.
12. What are you working on now?: I am working on a Dark Fantasy novel titled House on the Hill. As well as book 2 in the Evermore trilogy titled Premonition.
13. What makes you different from other writers in your genre?: I think the one thing that would make me stand out is my magic system I don’t use wands or spells. My magic is all in Runes and I love it.
If you could say anything in addition that would make this interview a great conversation about you please do here for answer 14.
I always tell people to keep dreaming big. I am doing one of the hardest jobs in the world but I love every moment of it. I feel like I was given the gift of story telling to change the world for the good. I have so many passions in life but writing is the one thing that has always been a constant for me. If I only touch one persons life with my writing at least I did that much in short time on this planet.
“When Pandora’s Box is opened after centuries of lying dormant, it’s up to Ariana, a young woman whose nightmares might be the key to everything, to save the world of Evermore from an inescapable darkness. With the fate of the world thrust upon her shoulders, will Ariana and her friends be able to overcome the hordes of legendary monsters, causing chaos and destruction worldwide or will the human race be doomed to extinction as Pandora’s army razes the land?
Join Ariana and her friends in the adventure of a lifetime.”